The specialty departments of Bangladesh Eye Hospital
- Cataract and Comprehensive Ophthalmology Service
- The Vitreo- Retinal Service
- The Corneal & External Eye Diseases Service
- The Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus Service
- The Glaucoma Service
- The Oculoplasty Service
- The Contact Lens Service
To Facilitate Educational and Research Programs
- Digital video documentation of anterior segment, posterior segment and surgical procedures via slit lamp, indirect ophthalmoscope and operating microscope camera.
- Patient record archiving by customized software.
- All departments of the hospital are linked through a dedicated computer network.
- Regular update sessions to keep up with the latest advances in ophthalmic practice.
- Fellowship programs in different sub specialties to be offered in the not too distant future.
Bangladesh Eye Hospital has the state of Art Technologies
- Phaco surgery
- Infinity & legacy 2000- the latest phaco surgical systems in the world by Alcon.
- Vitreo Retina Surgery
- Accures & Harmony- the most advanced virtrectomy technology.
- Operating Microscopes
- Visu 200 & Ophtamic 900 with EIBOS- a world of clarity in Ophthalmic surgey.
- Double Freqency Nd-Yag Laser (Argon wavelength) & Yag Laser by Nidek.
- Multilase: Diode Endo Laser by keeler
- Microlase: Diode Slit Lamp Laser by keeler.
- Digital fluorescein Angiography with Image Net software from topcon.
Visual field analyser
Humpherey Field Analyzer II & Octopus 101 the gold standard in computerized field analysis.
Photo Dynamic Therapy the current strategy for age related macular degeneration and choroidal neoveascularization.
Ultrasonography of the eye- B scan & A scan.
OCT- The latest Ultrasound imaging technology for retinal & glaucoma evaluation.
Specular Microscope- Corneal endothelial cell counting instrument for evaluating corneal diseases.
Pachymetry- Modern technology for measuring corneal thickness &diagnosis; of corneal diseases.